I wanted to share the story of why my progressing fear of spiders is not crazy. I don't think I was ever really that afraid of spiders until last year when I woke up one day with a gnarly bite on my leg that became a large patch of oozing blisters and itchiness. Maybe I'd only have been half-scared of whatever spiders were sharing our abode if I hadn't gotten a series of the same bites a couple of days later on the other leg that also developed into nastiness. In our current apartment we- or just me, Khanh doesn't sleep with one eye open looking for spiders like I do- have been finding spiders on the walls and on our popcorn ceiling. So the other night we crawl into bed all tired and sleepy. I get in and snuggle up to Khanh's side- we usually lay there and talk for a bit before he pushes me away so he can sleep- when all of a sudden- PLOP! The lights were off but I KNEW it had hit my pillow. I jumped up, ran to hit the lights on, showed Khanh in his stupor that there was in fact a giant spider on my pillow, where my head might have been, not yet moving from his accidental plunge from our ceiling. So, the spiders in our apartment are large- like bodies the size of your pinkie tip- and have long furry legs, hint the PLOP.
I now have had several dreams of being stuck in giant webs, rolling over and crushing spiders and in general not being able to get away from these creatures. WHEN WILL IT END?! A friend has recommended fumigation. Any thoughts?
I have a test in 3, er, 2 days. My first one for optometry school. I am excited to be past it and anxious to see the outcome but not thrilled about needing to sit down and memorize some anatomy after 8 hours at school. Thus, I write. It is funny how we take up hobbies sometimes when we least have the time and when we do have time we default to laziness and can't think of anything interesting to take up.
I really like optometry school. Some things have been hard. I seem to have forgotten that making friends is a process that takes time. :( I can be really easily intimidated but have been really encouraged by a few conversations and other things as of late. It has been a great blessing to gather with other Christians once a week during lunch time and just start to share a little about life. I got to share the story of how Khanh and I met and it was so fun to end up with a dozen or so girls by the end of my story all doe eyed and giddy. I love our story and thus love sharing it. I was encouraged when I ran into one of the leaders later in the day and she thanked me for being so open. Honestly I have learned so much from people who have been transparent with me that I figure sharing where I've been, my current reality and my hopes for what's to come will encourage others to be grateful for their stories and in some small way glorify God for the incredible works He has done in and through me- despite me.
Med school is a new and challenging time for Khanh but I think he is doing great. He likes to practice anatomy on me- don't worry he's only learned the neck and upper back so far. It is so fun to come home and share excitement and frustration about all there is to learn, to do and survive these next years. I am excited :)!
I like dinner tonight- like ratatouille in soup form. Khanh decided to make his own broth this weekend and it came out great. I just came home cut up veggies, cooked pasta and opened canned tomatoes and threw it all in. Then I ate it with thin slices of white cheddar- Khanh's not sold on it but I could eat cheese with everything.
Back to work.
spiders--spiders like to eat other insects, so you really need to stop keeping flies as pets. They are pests not pets.
ReplyDeleteyum- cheese on anything rocks~!