and rain :)
Let me start by getting this out of my system once and for all. I don't know where time goes and sometimes I wish it would slow down... except for Wednesday mornings when I want it to be Friday afternoons. Obviously I'm still learning how to appreciate each and every moment with the kids at work :)
There. I won't ever start a post again wondering where time has gone.
Now onto the present. Life is great. In fact it is even grand. We're having an awesome time learning together how to be patient as we wait to hear about our options for next year. We're also still working on finding balance in our lives that can help us through the next several months of what, in some ways, continues to feel like transition.
A praise- Khanh made it to North Carolina and back last weekend even amidst a bad snow storm over there. I was so grateful to have him home and am enjoying taking care of him as he recovers from a cold. While he was there he stayed with some sweet friends of ours that just had their second child. Khanh "really enjoyed" being around all of them and keeps telling stories about their 2 year old. He had a great time practicing with the baby too.
Fun- We headed to Napa last month to celebrate 6 months of marriage. It rained most of the time but the B&B we stayed at was wonderful- a 3 course breakfast with banana pancakes! One other highlight was the awesome oyster bar we ate at twice. Also, I just opened one of the boxes we get delivered to our door every other Thursday filled with organic, locally grown fruits and veggies. I'm definitely enjoying figuring out how to cook with more varied ingredients. Example: Japanese pizza- fine cut cabbage and leek mixed with egg and wheat flour then fried in olive oil- seriously, so tasty.
No comments:
Post a Comment