I kid not. We're pregnant. Though we found out almost 8 weeks ago and I started believing it 5 weeks ago we're still processing the shock. Needless to say it has been a crazy couple of months. After we found out I spent a couple of weeks dealing with a really tough decision- whether to stay in optometry school or postpone.
I don't believe I've ever fallen harder on my knees nor cried so much in frustration and joy at the same time. I feel like I really wrestled with God- thank goodness He didn't give me a wrenched hip, turns out I'm going to need 'em for birthing, :) but he did change my name from student to momma.
Anyways, I'm both proud and humbled to say that I've decided to postpone my career to be a mom. Thus, right after I finished my finals we moved out to Khanh's school. He's quite grateful and doesn't miss his 3 hours of commuting. I'm grateful to see my husband more and for my new job- tutoring math for elementary through high schoolers. Yay!
We're getting pretty excited for this baby to be built and show up but we're also NOT ready. I love reading about the development and Khanh is studying embryology right now too. It would be fun but their teacher is like a baby pathologist which means he talks about the ones that don't make it and why. Isn't that sad?
We're not ready in some because it is always hard when things don't happen according to the timeline you've been planning for, oh, the last ten years. But we've never been more certain of God's graces and provision. How beautiful it is to walk by faith in a direction that you wouldn't have chosen. I'm seriously loving it. It was the most uncomfortable thing at first because I had to face so much ugly pride, but now... ahhh, the freedom in following Christ.
I'm reading the Screwtape letters by C.S. Lewis right now and feel super encouraged knowing that God wins in the end! Wooohooo! Screwtape and Wormwood, you're goin' down!
If you have written, or read, any good books on parenting feel free to share! THANKS!
hey leslie, its 2:43 in the morning and i was looking at an old message you sent me on facebook. i miss you and stacy and justin so much. i cant wait to see you guys later this week.
ReplyDeletelove,
brian
i also read all of your blog entries in one sitting. :)
ReplyDeleteI want to see baby. wEEEE! Hmm I think the only parenting book I've read is Proverbs. :) :)
ReplyDelete-A